|The World Will Break Your Heart|
Paul Haggis (creator)
Robert Maresco (creator)
March 12 2007
Tommy is plagued with guilt when Kate, widow of Irish-mob kingpin Huey, asks him to host her slain husband's wake. Meanwhile, Kevin and Joey go on a quest to find booze for the wake.
- Jonathan Tucker as Thomas "Tommy" Donnelly
- Tom Guiry as James "Jimmy" Donnelly
- Billy Lush as Kevin Donnelly
- Michael Stahl-David as Sean "Seanny" Donnelly
- Olivia Wilde as Jenny Reilly
- Keith Nobbs as Joey Ice Cream
- Kirk Acevedo as Nicky Cottero
- Kate Mulgrew as Helen Donnelly
- Michael Rispoli as Al "Alo" Onatero
- Chris Bauer as Hugh "Huey" Farrell
- Peter Greene as Derek "Dokey" Farrell
- Molly Schaffer as Kate Farrell
- Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick as Matthew Farrell
- Betsy Beutler as Joanie
- Kevin Conway as Ian Reilly
- James Badge Dale as Samson Dawlish
- Kevin Corrigan as Whitey
- Jamie Bonelli as Nadine
- Chris Kipiniak as Sharkey
- Peter Gerety as Bob the Mouth
- Brian Tarantina as Vinnie
- Patrick Brennan as Earl
- Lauren Bittner as Mary Ann Maxwell
- When Helen Donnelly (Kate Mulgrew) goes to the hospital and dismisses Kimmy from Sean's bedside, Kim is reading a paperback edition of "All Souls: A Family Story From Southie". The book is a memoir about growing up in a large Irish-Catholic family in a working class neighborhood in South Boston, and his brothers involvement with Irish mob in Southie at the time. The mother in the book is also named Helen.
Joey Ice Cream: I thought you said you waited here?
Kevin Donnelly: No I applied. The bastards wouldn't hire me because of my shadey employment history.
Kevin Donnelly: [Kevin and Joey sneak into a restaurant and find some Kosher wine] Crap! All we got here is Jew wine. We allowed to drink this stuff?
Joey Ice Cream: Who wouldn't allow you, Kevin?
Kevin Donnelly: I don't know. It's unholy or something.
Joey Ice Cream: It's fine!
Kevin Donnelly: I mean it's alcohol too, right?
Joey Ice Cream: Yeah, only it's Rabbi approved alcohol.
Jenny Reilly: You're throwing Huey's wake?
Tommy Donnelly: Yeah.
Jenny Reilly: Please tell me you know how wrong that is.
Joey Ice Cream: This is crazy. Do we have credit? Do we have money? Do we even have a way to transport the alcohol if it were to fall from the sky?
Kevin Donnelly: Remember when we were kids and had a contest to see who could shut up the longest?
Joey Ice Cream: No. Who won?
Tommy Donnelly: We're hosting Jimmy's wake tonight.
Kevin Donnelly: What?
Tommy Donnelly: Kate Farrell came by this morning. She wants the wake to be here.
Kevin Donnelly: [to Tommy] Can I remind you that we killed her husband?
Joey Ice Cream: [narrating voice over] There are a lot of guys in my neighborhood who would still be alive today if they'd just shut up and gone to bed the night before.